Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Beginning

Hello everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of starting this blog/online journal for a while now and didn't know how it would turn out.

I didn't really want people who knew me in real life to find me here as the things that I'll be sharing aren't really pretty and I still don't know how people will react to this.

But this is for me and for anyone who is like me and seeking out information or help or support.

To introduce this blog here are a few things you might need to know:

I am:
Female/in my early twenties

Diagnosed with:
 IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Acid Reflux/ Sensitive stomach to certain dairy products
Occasional migraines
Childhood Asthma (Stopped when i turned 18/19)

Definitions:
"Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS, or spastic colon) is a symptom-based diagnosis characterized by chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits. As a functional gastrointestinal disorder (FGID), IBS has no known organic cause." (Wikipedia)

"Acid reflux: burning pain felt internally around the lower chest area, caused by stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD, or GORD for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) is acid reflux more than twice a week" (Medical news today)


I will be writing about my own journey and my own feelings, thoughts and findings. I hope that i do not offend anyone or represent anything wrongly.

Love xx,
Y. 


No comments:

Post a Comment